Changing our life seems like a Herculean task, because frankly, it is!
Before you give up the idea of changing your life, cultivate these 10 habits and I promise you that change is within your grasp.
- Eating healthy — It will make you energetic and get you closer to your dream body. The closer you are to your dream body, the more infectious your positive aura will be.
- Creating a shutdown ritual — Stop using all electronic devices 1 hour before your designated sleep time. It will reduce the stress on your eyes and help you sleep better. The better you sleep, the better you will function the next day.
- Waking up early — It will give you a head start on your goals and aspirations. There is hardly any noise early in the morning, you can get a lot of work done.
- Learning to say ‘No’ — Most work that comes your way is not in line with your goal. Wasting time on such work is wasting life. Learn to say ‘No’ to such pointless work, it will help you prioritize your time.
- Working out — Besides the health benefits that this will provide, it will teach you some valuable lessons on discipline. This discipline will be useful for other pursuits in your life.
- Listening to audio books — Most of our schedules include hours of travel time. Instead of spending that time staring outside the window, learn a new skill with the help of an audio book.
- Writing — When you put an effort to write your thoughts into words, you get an odd sense of closure. Writing regularly improves your word usage, grammar and communication skills.
- Complimenting yourself — If you spend as little as 5 minutes a day complimenting yourself, your self confidence will increase and your need for external validation will decrease.
- Planning for the day ahead — As soon as you wake up make it a point to define three important goals for the day. At the end of the day you can evaluate how close you are to those goals and what you could have done better. Planning your day is the first step to planning your life. Do you know anyone who succeeded without a plan?
- Spending some creative energy — Our schedules are sometimes so hectic that we completely forget our creative side. To prevent such a harsh scenario, we need to dedicate time everyday for doing something creative. Spending creative energy will soothe us, give us new ideas and help us hone new skills.
Follow these 10 habits for 10 days and you will feel tired!
Follow these 10 habits for 10 weeks and you will feel the change.
Follow these 10 habits for 10 months and you will be the change.